Wednesday, January 28, 2009

delliotts royal review

By god I love it when I’m right

Two weeks ago I predicted the winner of the royal rumble, I didn't wait till the day before like so many other people, I said there and then

And I was right

So bask in my new found glory, bask in it dam it!

Anyway I did catch the rumble and here are my thoughts on each match/promo

Swagger v Matt

This was a good opening bout very solid and good work from swagger, it was a predictable match but matt expression afterwards said it all

Melina v Beth

This was actually a good divas match, although short it had a lot of high spots included one hell of an armbar from Melina. I was expecting Rosa to interfere but we can't have it all. I still think santino had the line of raw when he said “can we keep her?". Anyway it congrats to Melina for the new belt, even though she won't keep it for long.

Cena V JBL/Shawn

This was a storyline bout, the whole time you were glued to what Shawn was going to do and in the end his superkick to both superstars sealed the deal, and he continued the story by placing jbl on cena. Although now I see why so many people hate cena, he's a guy that just seems like he can't win, and then pulls out an amazing comeback.

Jeff V edge

The change to a no DQ was interesting and lead to one hell of a dive from Jeff onto chavo seated on a table, although the ladder fell and Jeff landed on his head, they continued. The whole match from the start begged inference, so when Vicky interfered we knew he wasn't going to win. Moreover when matt came down to 'help' his brother we all knew what was coming. The priceless facial expression from matt was billerent. Matt v Jeff should be one hell of a feud.

The royal rumble

Compared to last year it was a bit of a let down, it was predictable that that Orton was going to win from the promos but it still was interesting for him to come in at 9. There were nice surprises such as hacksaw, and my favorite R V fn D! sanitno had the line of the night, after lasting one sec, he went on to say "I wasn't ready yet!" lol good times, anyway Vladimir eliminating kahli was good, MVP got a nice reaction "ballin!" caltio hit one hell of a moonsalult onto Morrison, and it looks like another bug show taker feud again.

on a last note I should point out during the Shawn taker conformation, taker said it was hell getting to heaven, I should point out that taker was the reason Shawn’s was out for 4 years, in 2007 they were the last 2 in the ring, and last year they were the first 2. wresltemina anyone?
well that all from me

Delliott out!

No comments: